Monday, October 27, 2014

Mornings like these

Some times we have mornings that we barely get through, other mornings are as smooth as can be.  And then there are the unexpected mornings.  That would be today.

Today was a morning where I had only myself to account for.  My wonderful husband was home and it was he who was going to do the heavy lifting of getting the girls ready to go.  So I was taking it easy and just working through my very own morning routine at a very relaxed pace.

Shortly before it was time to go and just around the same time as I was getting all of my things finished up.  I hear the pitter patter of little feet headed down the steps towards me.  So I run to the steps and await for my daughter to get close enough to jump into my arms (of course I'm always elated when this happens it's little snuggle when I can sneak one). 

Soon enough I notice that she's not happy in fact she's crying.  So I asked her what was wrong and she replied with an unexpected answer.  She thought I was headed out on a business trip and was I leaving on an airplane.  No my love, I'm not.  It's a normal work day for me at the office, but the unusual morning routine prompted her to think otherwise. 

Out of my two daughters I always thought that my trips affected her the least.  How little have I known, how wrong have I been.  It's times like these when I have to wonder what else am I not seeing...It's time to truly look at the perspective of others how greatly we might see an others pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment