Monday, November 10, 2014

Eye Opener

Sometimes the truth hurts even when it's good for us.  I've struggled with my weight now forever and even health complications haven't been the motivation I've needed.  But my four year old saying Mommy why is your belly so big and making a song out of it is quite an eye opener. 

I really want to teach my girls to live healthy by eating properly and exercising.  The very best way to do so is be the example.  That way they don't have the same struggles I've had.  I have a very good life with a loving family so this change should come easy.  The inspiration is there.

It's time to learn that 30 minutes a day for exercise isn't asking for to much.  It's not just for me it's for my family to.  I feel great when I'm on that treadmill starting to sweat and seeing that I'm accomplishing something.  Now my daughter asks me if it's time for me to go run, what a great little motivator.  My answer is yes, not only for me.  I hope that when it's her turn to get on that treadmill it's not from a life long struggle of being overweight but it's because that's just the way it is. 

Teach others to do good for themselves by doing something good for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment