Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Spaghetti for breakfast

It's a school morning, which is a half a days work for me (I head in at noon instead of the standard 8am) although this usually means much more hustle and bustle.  So when I asked my oldest daughter what she'd like for breakfast.  She replies "spaghetti"  and normally my answer would be not for breakfast as this is a common request made by our 4 year old.  But as it so happened we had just had spaghetti with leftovers in the fridge. ~Cheers ensue~

Now sitting at the table in school clothes, covered by an Elsa dress, play shoes and elbow length gloves.  I'm receiving a request for a hairdo of a bun with hair crissed and crossed over the top of her head. You're not sure what that means, well I certainly didn't either.  Which happens a lot just I make it up as we go along.

Now at the piano with Beethoven & Mozart.  Each playing a dramatic tune of their own and I chime in, in between the two.  One happily accepting the extra "melody" the other waving her hands displaying her discontent anytime my hands come within the vicinity of her piano keys. (Don't try to picture sweet little tunes, you must see this for what it is.  A 4 year old, a 15 month old and a tone-death, tuneless momma all whomping around on the piano keys... ok now you are getting the correct picture.) 

Back home now, with the oldest at school and the youngest asleep the only sound (besides the keyboard of course) is the pitter patter of raindrops hitting the windowpanes.  I believe it's tea time for me!  A cup of hot tea and a moment of silence.


1 comment: